School spies on kids through student laptops
Hi,

Quote: . . . That included books, paper, and ink for the inkwells. (I may be dating myself here.) . . .
I was taught to use a fountain pen in grade school in New York, say '53 to '57. When I moved to Wilkes-Barre in Spring of '57, we were allowed to use pencils and ball point pens. So I'm guessing you're talking about that far back.

Quote:No I was not talking about the early 70's, you were off by about a decade.
Well, that means early '60s or early '80s. You were 14, so I suppose you were either in high school or close to starting. You also say that your high school banned calculators. That would have been redundant in the early '60s since, except for big machines and pepper grinders, there were no calculators. But by the early '80s I don't think much of anyone was still using slide rules -- by then $30 calculators were available. That's actually cheaper than the Post VersaLog slide rule of the same time.

So, when I put all that together, I make your age greater than twenty and less than eighty. I'm confused. <_<

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
School spies on kids through student laptops - by --Pete - 02-24-2010, 04:32 AM