Have a warrior alt, thinking of leveling as prot.
Quote:I'm going to level him from 65 to 80 as prot. Mainly so I can learn about warrior tanking, and get over the 'WTF are all these buttons for?' that I have when I look at warrior tanks.

I have shoulders, and I'm going to get the plate heirloom Chest. I was thinking about getting an heirloom weapon, but I wasn't sure what I should get.

There is:

A fast dagger with stam
A sword with stam
A mace with stam + agi

I know that it's leveling and what not, but I wasn't sure if using a slow weapon as a warrior tank would matter at all.
It used to be you wanted the fastest weapon you could find for tanking. I leveled my warrior as protection the whole way to 80, but other than one instance in WotLK and a couple of instances in BC she hasn't tanked anything since classic. It may well be that slower weapons are in favor now. I hoped having a tank would make it easier to get groups, but I gave up trying. I rather miss the thrill of tanking Ragnaros. And it was fun tanking instances with Bolty healing, but that was over five years ago.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
Have a warrior alt, thinking of leveling as prot. - by LavCat - 02-08-2010, 04:23 AM