Improving my survivability.
Quote:I'm currently running a warrior through nm lvl 31, I can bash through all levels but get hung up in nm/hell. The reason seems to be that I get too crowded and I can't kill quick enough (or I can't take enough hits)

My stats are:

Str 79 = 98
Dex Max = 69
Magic Max = 79
Vit 66 = 113

AC 140

CtH 189%

Max resists

Life: 406
Mana: 151

weapon KSoV Perfect stats

Shield: Blessed shield of the tiger 16 armor and + 41 hp

Helm: Obs helm of tiger 40 resist all + 59 hp

Armor: Obs plate of harmony +31 resist all

Ammy: Jade of the stars 28 resist all +8 to all

Rings: +52 mana +28 vit
+11 to all

Any suggestions on how to improve my survivability would be great, I'm going to start with doing some runs for str/vit elixers and hopefully that will boost my chances...

Then I'll take a good look at my gear.

Thanks,
Rustweaver

Your dexterity is much too low. So even if u did have high ac, u will still get hit often due to your poor block. You dont realy need harmony on a warrior anyways, and using more +to all stat items is much more beneficial to you overall. Crank up that strength too, the faster u can kill, the better off youll be.

Also, Pete saying u should own hell/hell or hell/caves easily at lvl 31 is ridiculous. If you took your warr there right now with your stats and gear, you would get massacred very quickly. Sure, u can play it, but there is a difference between playing it having to "tip toe" through it, and actually being able to play it EFFICIENTLY. At lvl 31 you need like almost 150+ dex (which is almost impossible to d at your lvl) to get perfect block vs most monsters in hell/hell, not to mention your hp, mana, and damage/critical hit are far less then a warrior thats in his 40's, who most likely has maxed his stats and has better gear then you do.

The dream setup for a high ac warrior depends on your tastes kind of but the one I like best and find to be the most balanced:

Helm: RC
Plate: Awesome full Plate of the Stars (Lion is good too, and in your case u may want to consider Precision too, but even a Blessed or Saintly prefix should serve u quite well)
Shield: Emerald (or Obsidian) Tiger
Sword: I like Kings Vampires best but Speed/Haste is a must have too. At your lvl especially.
Jewels: 2 x Drake/Dragon Zodiacs, 1 Obs/Jade Zodiac

These are the really high end items of course, but if u can get a setup along these lines with even a nice Saintly Plate of Precison, and drakes/obs heavens jewels, u should be ok. Or u can go REALLY high ac and use Awesome/Holy Tiger shield, and 2 resist jewels. At lower lvls, this might be a better setup even then the one i mentioned above, though mine is certainly the best all around for a warr in his 40's. The bottomline is you need looots of dex and good dmg, keep raising str whenever u lvl up....dont worry too much about mana and life yet, those will come later.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
Improving my survivability. - by Rustweaver - 01-24-2010, 04:20 AM
Improving my survivability. - by --Pete - 01-24-2010, 05:17 AM
Improving my survivability. - by Nystul - 01-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Improving my survivability. - by Foxhound3857 - 01-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Improving my survivability. - by weakwarrior - 01-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Improving my survivability. - by FireIceTalon - 01-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Improving my survivability. - by Rudra - 01-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Improving my survivability. - by artanis - 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Improving my survivability. - by ucookie - 02-21-2010, 11:13 AM