Mandibular and maxillary third molar extraction experiences...
Quote:I have only vague memories of the actual extraction though. Damn drugs are good.
Ugh. I hate the gas. I'm the only one in my immediate family who opts for Novocaine. My mom and sisters do the dentist, drill and all without medication. They hate needles more than they hate the pain. I think there is something weird about our genes (probably a Scandinavian thing).

I guess I'm the wimp, although, I guess if I had to I could gut it out. I don't have any issues with shots, blood, or gore (even my own). So, I figure, "Why not avoid what pain you can?" The Vicodin made me woozy Thursday, so I stopped and Friday I was in some pain. I took the edge off with a little OTC Tylenol pain formula. Of course, as any man would, I whined like a beat dog to milk it for all the sympathy points I could from my wife. Otherwise, she would have me out cleaning the gutters or some such nonsense. That is NOT why I stayed home from work Friday! She made me soup. :-)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Mandibular and maxillary third molar extraction experiences... - by kandrathe - 12-23-2009, 01:42 AM