Mandibular and maxillary third molar extraction experiences...
I was one of those people who tried to put it off, I only had 3 by the way. On the side with only one (I was missing the bottom) I didn't have a problem. It came in and didn't bother me. When the one on the other side came in because the gum was higher in my mouth (due to there being a lower tooth lurking there) I was constantly biting into my own gum. About a week of that and I knew it was time to see the dentist. On a side note after that week I STILL have a habit of eating my food on that side of my mouth because it hurt less and when my mouth is at "rest" I tend to stick my tongue between my teeth to separate my jaw.

When I got to the surgeon they hooked me up to machines to monitor my heart rate which, due to my superb fitness at the time (a STARK contrast to now... damn you diablo starcraft and wow!), was quite low. I set off the machine with that flat line tone you hear on TV so often. I have only vague memories of the actual extraction though. Damn drugs are good.

Messages In This Thread
Mandibular and maxillary third molar extraction experiences... - by Sir_Die_alot - 12-22-2009, 02:11 AM