This man should not be allowed near nuclear weapons!
Quote:I am more troubled by the use of US military force to accomplish humanitarian, or political goals. We stray and risk straying toward becoming akin to the empires that we stood against in our very foundation. There is a vast difference between […]

Stray? As in regards to our military strength spread out over the rest of the world? Because that ship has sailed long ago. It seems to me that we became like Britain many, many years ago - and keep getting closer to that model all the time. This could be another topic in and of itself.

In regards to using our military might for humanitarian needs, I'd have to agree that we're leading the pack on the war in Iraq and how we deal with Iran and the rest of the middle-east for that matter. The greatest tool to end this war is education - remember that! Our military campaign and humanitarian strategy must go hand in hand - teach these women and children what is right and wrong with their country, and they will grow up to change their world! It's a smart, long term military plan that must succeed if we ever expect there to be any long term difference. It seems to me that since Viet Nam, we’ve learned that you cannot fight these types of individuals (you can kill the man but you can't kill the idea) on their own turf. This is the only way to succeed, by being both the strong-arm enforcer, and the gentle educator.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
This man should not be allowed near nuclear weapons! - by Taem - 12-12-2009, 11:00 PM