Wow, I thought this kind of thing was done away with years ago
Quote:Funny how they usually seem to be prosecuted for "adhering to their belief systems" when that involves denying everyone else's rights. Like you say - abortion (denying women that right) "traditional" marriage and gay rights (denying rights to gays). It's very handy to have a state that has historically upheld the beliefs of one's own dogma - how difficult it must be to have to have that comforting protection stripped away in favour of people you think are sinners - but thankfully, sin is not a legal category.
We are not talking about obstruction, but merely voicing an opinion. I also support the rights of leftist protesters to voice their opinions. There has been a continual peaceful protest here in Minnesota outside a defense contractor site since the Vietnam war, and only occasionally does anyone get arrested (usually for trespass). I do believe that protesters who try to create "barriers" should be arrested. In a public debate, all the voices should be heard. I don't promote rude behavior, but I certainly don't want to outlaw it either. You might as well also pass a law banning bad grammar, or bad diction.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Wow, I thought this kind of thing was done away with years ago - by kandrathe - 10-31-2009, 01:14 PM