Wow, I thought this kind of thing was done away with years ago
Quote:His point is about people who have a selective memory, who count the hits and ignore or never bother looking for the misses.

Go back to the fragging that happened to officers of the 101st on the eve of Operation Iraqi Freedom, in 2003. Nothing ethnic, nor racial, about that, no, not a bit of it. :wacko:

See also a guy named Malvo in and around our very own Northern VA/Maryland neighborhood. That happened in places I am personally familiar with. Nothing in the least bit tainted there, no, not at all.

Unless you open your eyes and try to peel a layer or two off of the onion.

The attack on Reginald Denny, because he happened to be white in the wrong neighborhood. The media couldn't ignore that.

The OJ Simpson verdict. (I also don't know if he did it, but I do know what the sentiments were, or were proclaimed as, afterwards).

Choosing to self identify with group X, Y, or Z isn't always an objective and rational exercise. Sometimes it is religion, sometimes social group, sometimes, color/ethinc group, and so on. Sometimes it is a label someone else has offered us, other times labels derived ad hoc.
Among useful idiots and back bench cheerleaders, perhaps ... eppie. I am going to guess that you were tickled pink that Van Gogh was killed, what with all that sympathy you tell us runs rampant for anarchaic and criminal behavior. :P
Occhi

Again, you are also totally besides the point. Farakhan, Wright etc. can simply not be compared to the KKK. There maybe other blacks that can be, but those were not the guys I believe Ashok mentioned. So my statement remains, please don't drag things that don't have anything to do with what I said into it.'

Also I don't understand why you feel the need to explain that not only white people do bad thinsg agaisnt black people, but that it can also be the other way around, or involve asians, or black agaisnt black or white agaisnt white. Did I give you somewhere the idea that I didn't know that?

I don't know what 'tickled pink' means. But I have an idea.....but sugessting I would support the actions of some religious moron is just stupid. I don't know if you have been following my posts here in general, but religion is not really my thing. (the fact that i didn't think van Gogh was a very great person himself doesn't have any influence on the fact that this was a despicable murder, and it is good that the guy who did it serves a life sentence........and I know you like death penalty....well this murderer was so obviously guilty that I wouldn't have mind him getting it.)

Messages In This Thread
Wow, I thought this kind of thing was done away with years ago - by eppie - 10-27-2009, 08:54 AM