Computer Upgrades - Looking for bang for the buck
Quote:Powersupply will handle it. CPU will be in good shape, video card will be good enough for decent settings.

In 25 man raids, my machine with a ATi 4850 + equivalent of a Core2 e8600 struggles in some encounters unless I pause recount, so I won't guarantee awesome performance in 25 mans. I don't do enough 25 mans to really be able to experiment with what the issue is, it could be there is a setting or two I could put different that would help, I don't really know. Performance everywhere else should be pretty good at any settings (except dynamic shadows, leave those off, I don't like them anyway, but they really suck the performance).

i7 really doesn't offer enough of an advantage over i5 to be worthwhile, unless you absolutely need a quad (since there aren't any quad i5's). So I think you've made a good choice.

Well its been officially ditched. My car and my wife's car have both reached the point where they're needing new tires (and an alignment for mine) and any available cash is being shunted to covering THAT cost.:(

Messages In This Thread
Computer Upgrades - Looking for bang for the buck - by Tal - 10-19-2009, 06:29 PM