Two Florida school officials won't go to jail for praying
Hi,

Quote:It occurred to me, sitting here having breakfast, exactly how far outta right field the school officials were. I was sent to a catholic high school for Jr. & Sr. years (for discipline, not religion) and this would have never have happened there. Even there, the only time religion was brought up was in religion class, or when we went to church (which wasn't required), and this was with nuns and priests teaching my classes.
As one who went to Catholic school from first grade through high school, I both agree and disagree with you. I agree that overt religious practice is minimized. But everything is slanted to Catholicism. There are many subtle forms of indoctrination. For example, in history books used in Catholic schools, the excesses of the church are minimized, and the reformation is referred to as the 'protestant rebellion'.

Then again, I went to high school in Georgia, where we studied the 1861-1865 War of Northern Aggression. :lol:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Messages In This Thread
Two Florida school officials won't go to jail for praying - by --Pete - 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM