Leveling a warrior. Would like some input.
Quote:Pre-Titan's Grip, I concur, but dw'ing 2h'rs with the penalty really does require some extra gearing as you *really* want to be hitcapped. Misses are even more of a problem than they otherwise would be as it's fairly easy to become ragestarved, even with as few attacks are in the rotation, due to the swingspeed. The gearing is even an issue for new 80's, and grows worse the further from ilvl 200ish gearing you are. Now, it's very possible to make a fury leveling spec that doesn't spec TG, but considering how utterly ridiculous Bladestorm is for grinding and how much easier it is to find one quality weapon compared to two, I feel Arms is a better fit for 40-79, with Fury being better earlier due to more passives.

I definitely agree with this.

I didn't level Conc immediately. I leveled a bit in early Wrath (TG using two Season 2 weapons). It was good because the combination of TG being OP at the start of Wrath and gear from being 70 forever meant things would be close to dead just from 2 white hits --> BT --> VR --> WW --> 2 white hits.

However when they nerfed TG and buffed arms, it became very efficient to find groups of mobs to Bladestorm, then spend some time eating, solo a couple, then Bladestorm another group.

Arms has two weaknesses:
1) Charge cooldown is 20 seconds instead of 15. This somewhat limits your effectiveness on single mob to mob type soloing. The solution to this is to limit the amount of this you do by using bladestorm more.
2) Arms still has the tremendous weakness of being one of the worst possible specs for soloing elites. Prot is better in that aspect, but warriors in leveling gear are, in general, going to struggle with anything more than normal mobs.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Leveling a warrior. Would like some input. - by Concillian - 08-15-2009, 07:28 PM