Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen
Quote:I don't disagree. But of course I should have stated that the foreign press seems to like to claim that we have the ability to control them, it wasn't just the article that Zenda posted, I've seen others that make similar claims, including a few articles from the BBC.

I don't believe we can, I never did. I also would not be surprised to see them attack sites in Iran with conventional weapons. I would still be very surprised if they used a nuke.

I'm not sure if foreign press 'seems to like to claim that we have the ability to control them'. The idea we always had is that Israel uses its strategic position to control the US. No matter what war crimes they commited or what resolution the broke they could always count on the support of the US (and UK and Netherlands, plus many other western nations).
However, I read somewhere (sorry don't remember anymore where) that after a series of events (ao bombing in lebanon) the unquestioned support of Israel by the US is getting smaller.

Apart from the events that might happen if Israel attacks Iran (zenda's link) I think US/Israel relations will suffer greatly, so I am not sure if Israel wants to risk this.

Messages In This Thread
Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen - by eppie - 07-28-2009, 07:44 AM