Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen
Quote:Out of the question.
Hmmm, it was Mahmoud Ahmadinejad who said,<blockquote>“On the last day when I was speaking before the assembly, one of a country's group told me that when I started to say "In the name of God the almighty and merciful," he saw a light around me, and I was placed inside this aura. I felt it myself. I felt the atmosphere suddenly change, and for those 27 or 28 minutes, the leaders of the world did not blink. When I say they didn't bat an eyelid, I'm not exaggerating because I was looking at them. And they were rapt. It seemed as if a hand was holding them there and had opened their eyes to receive the message from the Islamic republic."</blockquote>Couple that with his Shiite eschatology, and imminent access to nuclear weapons and you have the recipe of a religious zealot bombing Israel as a prelude to the end of the world. It would be as scary as Bush saying that he had been approached by angels who told him to perform God's will on earth.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen - by kandrathe - 07-23-2009, 04:21 PM