Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen
Quote:Iran is the one that scares me the most with it's nuclear ambitions. We can see right now that if they got a bomb they would be the ones most likely to use it themselves. They'd either put one on their short or medium ranged missiles and hit Israel or they'd somehow try and smuggle a warhead into a US port onboardd a ship and detonate it there.

Out of the question. First why would they shoot a missle at Israel, knowing that even when Israel would have bombed 6 Iranian cities first the US and europe would destroy Iran (we destroyed Iraq, and they didn't even have a missile that could be shot farther than 5 miles, let alone a nuclear bomb).

And if they (or any other nation) would be interested in sending a bomb to the US, they might have tried that ages ago with a dirty bomb which would make the same kind of statement only would be a thousand times less complicated.

Terrorists might be a threat but I don't think any terrorist group has the resources, knowledge, contacts and plan to do something like that. And again, if they had, they would far more likely try some kind of dirty bomb first. And I think it is clear that some of the old sovjet states are a much easier source of nuclear material than is Iran.

Anything bigger than 9/11 would give the US a 'mandate' to attack every country in the middle east. They would also be supported by Europe, China and russia (who are both not very big friends of islamic extremists) and probably just divide up the middle east between the three of them.

Messages In This Thread
Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen - by eppie - 07-23-2009, 08:29 AM