Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen
Quote:Things heat up anymore and I foresee an Israeli airstrike(s)...
That would be dumb. They'd be better off waiting for each side to spill more Iranian blood. Any move now by Europe, America, or Israel would shore up the position of hard liners and unite the country on the wrong side (as far as I'm concerned). Actually, the astute thing to do would be for America and Europe to call on Iran to act in accordance to the peaceful teachings of the prophet. Of course, not so overtly, but subtly here would be nice. A huge portion of the Iranian people want to have normal relations with the world, to be able to travel and have access to "western" products. They are tired of being isolated, so the most cunning thing we might do is to open up the possibility of elevating Iran up from the pariah status its suffered for two decades. Not that we'd make that journey easy, but it might be a way to shut down one of the largest refuges for Shiite terrorist training in the middle east. That still leaves the Wahabi's in northern Pakistan and Africa, but hey, it's progress.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen - by kandrathe - 07-21-2009, 03:38 AM