Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen
Quote:If the situation in Iran the last few weeks has told us anything it is that it isn't as worse as western media have always been trying to convince us it is.(which actually shows a lot of similarities with pre-war Iraq.
Would that be the obvious electoral fraud, or the violent repression of the people when they protest against the unfair election?
Quote:Of course Ahmedinijad is a nut case dictator that should leave asap (just like Saddam), but Iran has much more hope of becoming a free and developed country than say Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan. Both countries had a relative good level of education, but because of movements inside (Islamic extremists) and outside (western pressure) the stupid were ruling and the smart were scared.
Um, let's say there is a European right wing extremist who supports genocide, funnels arms and money to similar extremists in the region, and who routinely violates the UN charter on human rights. You know, some one like Radovan Karadžić. Sometimes repressive (and even corrupt) government step aside enough to allow some privileges amongst the people (such as literacy, or health care). And, yes, what I say about Iran would just as well apply to China, Cuba, Saudi Arabia and many other authoritarian regimes.
Quote:Waiting is difficult and we feel powerless but with some below the radar support Iran has much more chance of becoming free again then with the Cheney method.
What is needed are brave people to tug at the strings which bind together brilliant systems which keep people complicit with their lack of freedom.

I don't understand the people who are calling for Iranians to stay safe, and remain complicit with their illegitimate government. These same pseudo-pacifists also live in free, prosperous nations, and would be the first ones protesting (even violently) in the streets any negative change to their trade union.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen - by kandrathe - 07-02-2009, 02:28 PM