Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen
Quote:Yes, that was a signal well sent.

The smack down is happening, and Montezeri is probably heading back to Qum, his dreams once again frustrated.

I'd say an Iranian Gorbachev is needed, but I think yoiu may be indulging in a bit of wishful thinking. From your previous reply:

The power elites, among whose number Rafsanjani is numbered, are not all that keen on letting loose of power. There are a lot of clerics who are also tied into money, finance, and business, sons of wealty families who went cleric ... perhaps for political reasons?

Looks like Italy, 1500's, and the Medici popes.:P

One last thought: the amount of info that has make itself available is rather small, which frustrates me. However, that is how the govening powers want it.

Occhi
I'm reading Arab sources such as Asharq Alawsat or Al Jazeera (not helpful lately). Here is some good news.

I think some US former officials should get a scolding. In the midst of a bloody uprising you don't just come out and say, "Of course we have spies on the ground in Iran." You know that is going to be headlines in Iran the next day, and result in more murders and tortures. Brent should know that the standard answer to those types of questions is, "I don't know."
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Best Article on Iran Election Process I've seen - by kandrathe - 06-27-2009, 08:11 AM