The mysterious case of Ms. Carrie Prejean
Quote:Free speech is built on the graves of Grub Street Hacks. Trashy tabloid journalism is sacred to free speech, and the muckrakers that produce it are its priests. No one has the right to be Charles Foster Kane, to own the media narrative about themselves. It's a messy game. That's why it's freedom.
Right, but I'm not asking for a ban on scandal rags or any curb to free speech. I'm applying the principles of the 4th amendment, and the common law principles of copyright or trademark protections, and of people to not be slandered or libeled.

I'm suggesting that sensitive private information be kept from the public domain by law, and that those publishing private information into the public domain without the owners consent can be held liable for the losses incurred by people who are damaged.

And, to get back to the original thought I had posting about the viciousness of tearing down certain people, especially ones who seem to be moral, and represent "traditional values". Have you heard of Saul Alinsky? It seems to me that the media tactic of tearing down anyone with "traditional values" is in keeping with Alinsky's philosophy.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
The mysterious case of Ms. Carrie Prejean - by kandrathe - 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM