The mysterious case of Ms. Carrie Prejean
Quote:My biggest complaint is that right next door to "AOL: Kids Radio - Free Online Kids Radio Stations" is "somethingawful". And, it is impossible to safely search the internet for a relative of mine named Eva Dahlgren. It is akin to walking down that internet street searching for your stray pet named "cuddles", while being solicited by every street hustler awake at 3am in Amsterdam.

Don't get me wrong; I enjoy the mosh pit frenzy for its insaneness, but there are times when you just want to enjoy a cup of Earl Grey without Annie Hawkins-Turner or some Yogurting Manga freak cavorting across your Zen pebble garden.

So far, my 6 and 8 year old can only be on the internet after I've taken them to their destination. And, even then, I'm worried about them freely associating with the public at large in venues designed for their age.

Rulez? We don't need no stinken rulez!

That is, until you want to have a society that actually grows and prospers. I'm really only looking for those same sane protections that one would have in a very free society which protect us from harm. Albeit, thereby ends the anarchy.
What kinda crazy libertarian anarchist type are you, anyway? If you can't take the 4chan, stay off the intarwebz! A society which 'protects' you from omg-I-just-clicked-a-link-from-Lowtax-oh-god-my-eyes-I-think-my-eyes-are-melting harm, is a society I wouldn't live in.

There's a reason "Think of the children!" is Maude Flanders' catchphrase.

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
The mysterious case of Ms. Carrie Prejean - by Jester - 05-13-2009, 06:32 PM