The mysterious case of Ms. Carrie Prejean
Quote:In this day and age of the liberated woman (who's been around for far longer than I've been alive), the whole institution of the beauty pageant seems pathetically archaic. Now, I'm all for archaic things, but I thought that parading around for the scrutiny of men in positions of power had lost its relevancy the same day that women realized they had more potential than just landing a rich husband to eke out the rest of her days as a homemaker.
As my wife described, "it's really a modeling competition, because if you wanted to be an accountant you'd be busy in college." So, I guess that the career path of models may involve both pageants, and scantily clad bikini photo shoots. I think Mr. Trump actually made an enlightened decision in not firing Ms. Prejean, but a *real* bad one in selecting Mr. Hilton to be a judge. My wish is that Perez Hilton suffers the fate he deserves.

I believe in the liberation of people to do whatever they like with the assets they have. If that happens to be beauty over brains, then so be it. In fact, I would go as far as saying that we should remove "crimes" from the books that are based on "sins" that have no victims. Morality beyond the laws can be dealt with by more appropriate institutions than the State.

Most model photos actually appear in womens magazines, but then there is the whole "womens" debate about "body image", and the unrealistic expectation imposed on women that the parade of skinny perfect models portrays. As a liberated man, first, its not my debate, second, I don't have a problem with "realistic" women as models.

I happen to be a man that is attracted first to the volume of a womens cortical folding and how well she exercises her neocortex. There is that whole mammalian sexual attraction thing, but I find that fades very rapidly when the person is shallow or vacuous. I blame it on being Scandinavian. There's that whole long winter, and geographic isolation forcing one to not be so choosy regarding potential mates. In fact, when my Mom recently asked about the meaning of her maiden name I joked that it was Swedish for Hill Billy. At least we are not as inbred as the Icelanders.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
The mysterious case of Ms. Carrie Prejean - by kandrathe - 05-13-2009, 03:44 PM