Stewart Vs Cramer on Daily Show, march 12.
Quote:Fair enough, this one isn't quite over yet. However, it's looking pretty good for Franken. He's been certified, and unless Coleman can pull one heck of a rabbit out of his hat, this contest is pretty much over.

-Jester
No he has not been certified!

We conclude that neither state nor federal law requires issuance of a certificate of election before the election contest is completed," the Supreme Court wrote in a unanimous opinion Friday.

Minnesota state law expressly prohibits the issuance of a Elections Certificate until the election is concluded, and as long as a recount or election contest is under way, the election is still going on according to law.

But my, oh my, has he tried to get his hands on that certificate! If he was seated ahead of the contest being finalized, even if he then lost the election contest it would thenbe nearly impossible to unseat him as the Senate has <forgot the legal term> complete control over it's membership.

~FragB)

Edit: Seems the twincities.com site I was linking to doesn't like such things, so this is a different site (one down on my google search) that covered the story. Sorry about that.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.

Messages In This Thread
Stewart Vs Cramer on Daily Show, march 12. - by Frag - 03-17-2009, 12:57 AM