Stewart Vs Cramer on Daily Show, march 12.
Quote:Pretty good interview on thursday night.

On my scorecard at least, I give the 'Brawl Street: Buy Low Sell DIE' match to Stewart.

K.O. moments of the night for me, was when Stewart said to Cramer something like, '...I get that you want to make finance entertaining...but this is not a f***ing game.'

Cramer seemed to be playing a mix of 90% pity me, mea culpa mode, 10% passive agressive counter attack. Hmm, counter attack seemed too strong a word actually, maybe counter whining at times.

I just don't buy what Cramer was trying to sell at first, the cratering economy is a once in a lifetime tsunami etc, and Stewart IMO, systematically cleaned his clock on that one. At one moment I wasn't sure if Stewart was naively asking which side CNBC is on (the answer is kinda obvious, I used to watch MSNBC money programs mostly for the laughs, but you can figure out easily who the target audience is, and it ain't 'main street') or was Stewart raising a point but couching it in a question.

But to me that pales in comparison to Cramer's counter point of 'they lied to me...some CEOs have lied to me...' I don't know which one is more sad, Cramer trying to play a wounded doe eyed innocent who got fleeced by some mean lying CEOs. Or the slim possibility that he really was that gullible.

Near the end it was almost painful to watch, Cramer's face at times almost looked liked he was asking for a mercy kill.

Then I remembered what Cramer's show and other 'Money Programs' was like when I had access to the MSNBC channel. :P Aw hell, I mostly watched it for the Money Honeys anyway.:wub:

In my first career, I worked for Prudential Securities and PaineWebber for a combined total of 10 years and let me tell you something.... When the market is fine, there are numerous ways of making money. There are various ways of outperforming the market. Many people can appear to be financial geniuses. Cramer, Warren Buffet, Peter Lynch etc etc etc. Everyone has their winning strategies, and the better money managers really can make a difference. BTW, Cramer has always annoyed me, and he is more a showman than an analyst. That's not my point however.

Here's what most people do not understand. When the market is bad, nobody knows #$%&. Nobody.

Messages In This Thread
Stewart Vs Cramer on Daily Show, march 12. - by Ashock - 03-15-2009, 12:58 AM