new xfer scam
We don't seem to be able to convince each other. However, far be it from me to let a personal shot go unanswered.

Now, let's try to navigate this monstrosity of chaos you've authored. I can barely tell what points you're actually trying to rebut. You obviously wrote it while either in a hurry or distracted. At least, I hope that's the case... otherwise, yeeesh. :blink:

You seem to have two categories of bad posting: "jibber jabber" and "B quality". The problem is that what you categorize as "B quality" IS "jibber jabber" to most here, not only myself.

Allow me to differentiate:

Quote:--- I never once claimed friends, sometimes the best ideas come from people you hate (anyone ever fly in a jet? speaking of nazi's).

This would be considered "B quality", methinks, if only due to its amazingly bad construction and usage of an apostrophe in a plural. Typical Wanker mistakes. However, it is due to the fact that this statement sits alone in your post, unreferenced, undirected, that constitutes it as "jibber jabber". Not even a single Leet affectation to be found, either. Isn't that interesting?

Quote:You can see oranges, purples, and greens of all shades and tints...would you prefer just blue, red, and yellow with none of these secondary and tertiary colors? same mentality of not seeing the grey with black and white. - it's usually better serve to real people, not some hyped up APA hugging nitpickers or the inept "ub3r l33ts".

A color-wheel metaphor. How nice.

If I recall correctly, you're attending art classes at the moment, on top of everything else in your studies. I'd like you to conduct an experiment. Enter one of your studio classes when there is a model. Set up your equipment in your chosen angle as always... and then click on the heaviest Marilyn Manson music you can find out of a personal stereo. Make certain that it drowns out any music that the professor has chosen for the class to listen to during the class.

This is an example of "doing it your own way". This is precisely what going against the established and accepted group practices entails. What will be the result? You'll be warned. You'll be warned again. You'll be removed. Oddly, enough... that's the way it works in most situations in life, including this forum's community.

However, if you make the effort to include yourself in the class, you'll find less objections. If you truly need to listen to different music than the rest, you utilize a personal player and a set of headphones. I believe this would fall under the category of "respect for others". Certainly in my four years of post-secondary Art and Design, I would have never attempted to be a complete asshole in such a way. I had more respect for the environment that was being created and maintained. My personal "style" had no right to impact that environment.

Quote:we are linked by playing d2, that is what Lurker Lounge is about - d2. We are not linked by perfect punctuation and spelling....

Wrong. We are linked by attendance at the Lurker Lounge; there are hundreds of thousands of D2 players in the world that have nothing to do with this place. As such, the Lurker Lounge is the sole reason for communication between any of us. Thus, the rules and mores established at the Lurker Lounge from years of existence hold a higher place than any one member. They overrule me. They overrule you. They overrule everyone. That being the case, the Lurker Lounge asks and insists on decently constructed communication. Anyone that objects and rejects this premise is by default objecting and rejecting every member that HAS accepted them and followed them. Once again, "respect for others". In this case, which is the only case, the "others" is the Lurker Lounge forum and the rules that they expect to be followed.

Quote: Stagnation is very dangerous in any group activity, as this isolation (caused by fear of unknown, or xenophobia "Fear of outsiders") comes without warning and can occur in any group - even fanatical groups (what? he's less fanatical than us, we shouldn't let him in, he may distract us from our cause).

Our cause? Decent discussion and communication. I find your claims of xenophobia and spontaneous collapse amusing, considering the mileage of this board in all its incarnations and the number of people that still gravitate here for OLD games. Considering its continued health among the plethora of Diablo fansites on the internet, I don't fear for the long life of the Lurker Lounge. I do fear that if it became a place where standards are not upheld, where mores are dropped like a hot rock... that it would indeed disappear. It is not the "Grammar Nazis" of this forum that will bring about its downfall; it is if those members who care enough to say something decide that it's not worth the saying anymore.

Quote:No, nor do I seek to be associated with you in perticular - you my friend seem to be quite an "arse" from my encounters with you, but that is just my perspective. There are good people here, and they are the people I tend to try to associate myself with. (If you're gonna attack someone's post, imo you should have a moderator's tag to back it up or else you're just passing wind in an empty room)

It's obvious that you miss the point of member inclusion in the process, again. Occhi already indicated the metaphor of "citizen arrest", but I suppose that's over your head, too. Allow me to provide an example: *point to Elric*

Years ago, Elric was doing the exact same thing that several of us are doing right now. He pointed out sloppy posts. He addressed moronic topics. He indicated severe communication blunders. He grew to a point that he constructed "Elric's Lurker Lounge Etiquette" as a webpage for no other reason than to point to it for the behalf of the morons that he trouted: "Here's what you're doing wrong". And now? Elric is a moderator, with his etiquette link provided as an example of how to conduct oneself while in Bolty's house.

The point? Elric cared. I care. Everyone that indicates when there's a transgression cares. Perhaps if you grew away from your ego-centrism, you'd care too.

Which leads into my final rebuttal:

Quote:Nicodemus Phaulkon - you seem to be one of the few people with a problem with me, tell me the who, what, and why - or back off. I am accepted by the general populus of this forum, at least I am from the replies I have gotten. If you want me gone, say so, doesn't mean I'll leave, but at least then I'll know for sure where you're coming from.

I'd rather take a million knives in the face, than one in the back.

I believe our initial kafuffle was over my apparent disinterest in your "I'll conduct a multi-forum cross-post where everyone can post their ideas on the 1.10 patch that absolutely no one could possibly have any idea about " thread. It was at that time you reflected your ego, your brashness and your singular pride at confronting authority. I believe it was at that particular point I categorized you as a waste of skin.

By the way, how's that thread doing? I don't usually dig that far down to read anymore. :lol:

But beyond that? Stay if you wish! Certainly I do not have any power to remove you even if I chose to do so. You're giving yourself far too much weight in the situation at hand. Methinks your ego is in overdrive once again. Most certainly if you're starting to see knives and backs. Seek assistance.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.

Messages In This Thread
new xfer scam - by Wiccan - 06-17-2003, 06:05 PM
new xfer scam - by Jugalator - 06-17-2003, 09:02 PM
new xfer scam - by Baajikiil - 06-17-2003, 10:34 PM
new xfer scam - by Taem - 06-18-2003, 08:36 AM
new xfer scam - by Feryar - 06-18-2003, 09:05 AM
new xfer scam - by Ignatz - 06-18-2003, 09:17 AM
new xfer scam - by diegoforlan - 06-18-2003, 09:21 AM
new xfer scam - by Army Eye - 06-18-2003, 09:23 AM
new xfer scam - by ShadowHM - 06-18-2003, 11:34 AM
new xfer scam - by Jugalator - 06-18-2003, 11:46 AM
new xfer scam - by Taem - 06-18-2003, 06:33 PM