Threads
In case you haven't seen it check my reply in this thread: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...p=1478&linear=0

What you suggested is actually one of the first things that I am going to attempt to do, just to insure that I am in fact following all the code correctly. It may or may not work correctly though. I also want to make sure it doesn't break the thread collapse hack that is currently in place to, as that does so fun stuff with the current settings.

It might be possible, assuming I get the stuff to work that I want, that your suggestion (the tree with the linear view below) and the tree with the posts actually shown as threaded can both be options. Like I said though, my progress will be slow.

I am currently at the stage of having another board up and running with the current threaded view hack installed, and commenting some of the current code to make sure that I actually edit all the files required. When that is done, I can start testing changes. If the changes work, I will open up the test boards for suggestions and work some of those in.

I am also looking at fixing the post title when you quote in threaded view, but that is lower priority. I think I know where the issue is though from when I was installing the threaded view hack.

I figure this thread might be a better place to stick progress reports than one about smilies. So, that is why I linked the other one. If I need any help, I'll ask. Right now I will probably ignore any volunteers, unless you are a PHP and SQL wizard. In which case I would probably be the one helping you and not the other way around. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Threads - by the Langolier - 02-26-2003, 09:51 PM
Threads - by Kevin - 02-26-2003, 10:37 PM
Threads - by Kevin - 03-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Threads - by Bolty - 03-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Threads - by Kevin - 03-11-2003, 03:54 AM