Background download increased (WoW 3.0)
Quote:Another note for you real quick. It requires 6.5 gig of space to perform the install.
Yeah I noticed. Quite a pain in the butt, but if I'm going to have any shot at running the expansion; I need to make room anyway. So I deleted my storage partition (all stuff I can get back, stuff I can't was moved to the external) and repartitioned my drives using Partition Magic. That along with some uninstalling I did before hand takes my C drive from 400M free to 10G free. Basically I chopped my storage partition in half which means I'll have to be much more careful with what music or such that I put back on it since I just won't have the space for everything.

In other news, My brother recently dropped a P3 700Mhz Compaq that doesn't work on me. I have no clue how or why it died or basically anything about it. So while my comp was repartitioning I decided to fiddle with it some. I'm not optimisitc about getting it running (don't really need to anyway, but it never hurts to have a spare comp), but it seems to have a 20G and a 10G harddrive in it. So I'm slightly hopeful that they are still functional and that maybe I can throw one in my machine for some space. Something to play with anyway if I get bored sometime. The update is installing currently on my machine so what I can do beyond taking that machine apart is limited since it takes a working machine to test things.

Anyway, I should have enough space to get things up and running for now either way.

Messages In This Thread
Background download increased (WoW 3.0) - by swirly - 10-14-2008, 05:46 PM