Starcraft II Bombshell
Quote:Very well said, Foxbat. I pre ordered SC II in early spring. I loved how the first SC game allowed me to learn each of the three factions by the time the game was over. As a tutorial, Single Player was very well done in the crawl, walk, trot, run, sprint method of teaching/training.

Then we had all of those custome games in the SP, as well as more maps on line as people tried their hands at map building.

Darnit, thirty missions per race? Uh, can we say GRIND here? Three games? Ya mean I don't get to be a Zerg from day one if I want to? :( Not that I want to, of course . . .

I worry that I'll develop a deadly addiction to siege tanks, and have to break it, again, by the time part II comes out. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

@ Jester: it seems that they had both of us "at hello." :D

We pre ordered shortly after the announcement and videos came out. My son and I were salivating even then . . .

Occhi

I'm really kind of at this point myself. I like the idea of expanded single player, but I really liked being able to get the basics of all the races. I tend to be the "whatever else" guy at the LAN parties or for the battle.net stuff if playing as a team. If A was Terran and B was Zerg I'd be Protoss, if A and B were both Protoss, I'd tend to be Terran (since I felt 1 terran complimented 2 toss better than 1 zerg). If there was any terran player but no zerg player I'd go with zerg (terran medics + zerg anything was really really strong because the medics could heal just about anything, watch a fully upgraded ultralisk with 2 medics and maybe one or two other ground forces to help with swarms go to town. :)).

I'll still be able to become a strong toss/zerg player without the single player stuff, but it won't be as easy and I'll miss the a story the flowed through all 3 races at a quicker pace. But again I like the idea of branching stories (I actually tried to develop one for SC and for Free Space 2 at one point, but the way the engines worked it was a lot of effort to get real branches and not some fake little branch that puts you in the same place). Though I don't mind the railroad method either. :)

I didn't pre order because I'm not there financially right now, but I wanted to. The previews really made me say "Wow it's still starcraft for sure, but it's better". Warcraft 3 did NOT make me say that. Warcraft 3, was not Warcraft 2 but better, it was a different concept, one that was significantly different that was pushed back a bit to be more like the older War 2 game. War 2 you could fairly safely say was Warcraft but better though there were some big changes (just like SC1 vs SC2) but the idea and style was still pretty much the same.

I foolishly hope this means that each game will come out at a lower price point since they know that they'll get 2 more full games out of the same engine, but it won't because they know the market will happily take the standard game price point. Oh well. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Starcraft II Bombshell - by Chesspiece_face - 10-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by Quark - 10-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by RTM - 10-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by Quark - 10-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by --Pete - 10-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by Quark - 10-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by Sir_Die_alot - 10-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by Archon_Wing - 10-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by [wcip]Angel - 10-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by FoxBat - 10-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Starcraft II Bombshell - by Jester - 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM