Haste Rogue? Would it work?
Ok, So I was looking around at the 3.0 changes, and I saw that Haste rating will affect all stats, and that there wont be spell / melee haste. When I saw this, I checked the yellow haste gem (currently spell haste). It becomes just a +8 haste (blue quality) gem.

I love the idea of haste, and I love the idea of rogues speeding up their attack speed. Would this be any 'good'? With the gear set that I came up with, under the.... "sweet spot" (all procs / on use abilities up) using the haste gems where I could (and still getting some hit rating)

-128 haste rating on gear = comes out to 8.625%
-plus the abacus (on use for 260) = comes out to 16.49%
-(bladefist)plus one weapon proc for 180 = comes out to 11.41%
-(blackout truncheon)another weapon proc for 132 (But I wasn't sure if these stacked or not) = comes out to 9.34%
-plus mongoose (a small and flat 2%)

Even without the weapons stacking (if they do it's even crazier) you could get your attack speed under 1.5 for main hand, and close to .74 for off hand with Slice and Dice.

Now, assuming the soft hit rating cap of 142 so special attacks dont miss, would this be even remotely viable for damage? I know that it wont be optimal because it's fist/mace instead of swords, but my initial thought was, "Hey! It doesn't matter! you're swinging REALLY FAST!" But then I'm trying to number crunch, and I don't know if it's even worth farming up instance drops to get the haste rating to try it.

Comments? Point and Laugh and tell me I'm a silly silly man for thinking it?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
Haste Rogue? Would it work? - by shoju - 10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Haste Rogue? Would it work? - by Frag - 10-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Haste Rogue? Would it work? - by shoju - 10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Haste Rogue? Would it work? - by Frag - 10-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Haste Rogue? Would it work? - by shoju - 10-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Haste Rogue? Would it work? - by RTM - 10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Haste Rogue? Would it work? - by shoju - 10-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Haste Rogue? Would it work? - by Concillian - 10-10-2008, 08:13 PM