Mouse Move Noob
Quote:I often use autorun while flying, but on land the feature can be dangerous. At least in my hands. I'm not sure I want to explain that further.

I also often ride and swim and fly by holding 'w' and steering with the trackball, but I cannot move properly by holding down the mouse (in my case, trackball) keys.

The main reason I had hoped to master mouse move and the jump shot was for my hunter to defeat Artorius the Doombringer. There must be some other way. I am thinking of engaging Artorious at the furthest north point of his track, rather than furthest south -- on the theory that it is easier to kite demons down hill than up hill.

Does anyone have any suggestions for Artorious that don't involve a jump shot?

He was the hardest of the demons for me as well when I did this way back when (I don't think Naxx was in the game when I got him). I couldn't jump shot back then and killed him without it, but it was harder.

I grabbed him at the bottom of the hill, kited him up the hill, and then down the road, I was nearly back to town by the time I killed him. I just strafe kited him the whole way. I did get a fort and mark from friendly druid and priest, but on the kill I didn't have AI and I recall having to use a demonic rune to have enough mana to get him because the pot was in cooldown. There were 2 times when a cooldown was up that I was turned slightly wrong from the strafe position for them to hit.

You will want to make sure the camera isn't set to smart so that you can have the views as you want them while strafing. I actually preset a few camera angles as well when I was dry running the route.

Rank 1 arcane shot to keep him kiting and keep the serpent sting stack up (I think you can get the extra damage debuff to 3 stacks). Let autoshot go off after you hit him with concussive shot. If you get out of range of a shot on him, you can let an auto shot off at those times as well. And just practice. I was around 20 attempts before I got him. Which was significantly more than the 1 to 5 it took me for all the others and I intentionally kept myself ignorant of them so that I could figure them out. I actually killed the guy in Burning Steps the first time I attacked him just to see how he worked.

What you need to get good at if you can't get a jump shot down is to make sure you know how to get the camera set and know how turned you have to be for the shot to fire behind you. Get used to turning while you are strafing (you can hit E and D at the same time for example) or use the mouse to make minor turn adjustments while strafing. I tried kiting him for a few different starting positions, but for me going up the short hill and to the road was just the easiest for strafe kiing, I think because the road makes a good reference to angles and there is nothing you can accidentally run into.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Mouse Move Noob - by LavCat - 09-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Mouse Move Noob - by Klaus - 09-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Mouse Move Noob - by Mordekhuul - 09-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Mouse Move Noob - by Kevin - 09-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Mouse Move Noob - by Mordekhuul - 09-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Mouse Move Noob - by Shamago - 09-12-2008, 06:01 AM
Mouse Move Noob - by Klaus - 09-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Mouse Move Noob - by Quark - 09-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Mouse Move Noob - by Artega - 09-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Mouse Move Noob - by Mirajj - 09-13-2008, 02:19 AM
Mouse Move Noob - by Artega - 09-13-2008, 06:41 PM