Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18
I will be playing WAR for at least 3 months, and did the Open Beta weekend (if only for a few hours) recently.

Mostly I am giving it a try because most of my real life WoW friends have quit or changed servers. Some wanted to be alliance, some horde, some hated PVP, some would only play on a PVP server. But they are all into MMOs, and have got their friends, and their friends friends to come together and try WAR, all on one server. This should eliminate the issues of people not being on bc they are playing with a friend on a different server (in theory).

One reason I think our plan will work is the way WAR does classes, each race has unique classes, and because of this you can roll both sides on any server. There are no PVP/PVE servers, since its largely a players play style that will determine how much of each they can get into. I think it will keep the inherently good and evil, and the inherently PVP/PVE inclined happy in one home.

I only got in 5 or 6 hours of game time, but overall I liked the game. It was a little too hectic, being swamped with players, I was camping spawn points all over. Also the AI at this stage was silly at best, mobs would run around buildings to get me, rather than turn around, and aggro ranges were non-existent it seemed on some mobs.

Still it looked good, the animations that were in (I think many are still missing) were impressive. Since I was playing on a system that was clawing at the minimum reqs, I had a few fun errors, but once I got the settings right it looked nice. Nice looks aren't enough though, D&D online also looked beautiful, but the gameplay was unbearable to me. I like this gameplay and interface, partly because it is extremely WoW-like. I will need more time at it to really say if it will compete, so sept 7 Ill hit the beta again.

So far, I am intrigued by it, and would like to play with some of my lifelong friends again. The flipside, the wife likes WoW, and has no interest in warhammer. Since I won't pay for 2 MMOs for too long. Eventually I will only keep one, right now WoW is still the winner.

If anyone trying it doesn't have any ties, or has ties they can sway, Red Eye Mountain is our beta server, and probably our live server too.
D3 - look for Zich (all classes, all named Zich...)

WoW - look for Zich/Maclnnes/Dreadblood
^Inactive and waiting for MoP right now.

Messages In This Thread
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Bolty - 08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Tris - 08-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Kevin - 08-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Zich - 08-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Kevin - 09-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Kevin - 09-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Kevin - 09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Kevin - 09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Kevin - 09-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Kevin - 09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Warhammer Online Release Date Sept. 18 - by Kevin - 09-17-2008, 05:37 AM