The Two Towers (extended DVD) content news
Naturally, I am very excited for the Extended DVD version.

Unfortunately, unlike FotR in which I've felt some of the locations truly needed to be more explored ( as in the woods of Lothlórien ), the most outrageous problems in TTT have more to do with the adaptation itself.

Sure, sure. We have Arwen replacing Glorfindel and Strider without Anduril in Bree, but take a look of what we have in TTT:

Théoden being exorcised? Haldir in Helm's Deep? The everlasting Entmoot with such a ridiculous plot? ~300 civilians against 10K Uruk-Hai? Faramir turning out to be a badly done xerox copy of his corrupted brother? Gandalf The White meeting the little ones at the forest of Fangorn at that exact time?

I am terribly sorry, but I can't swallow neither of these. The movie truly was a shame. PJ disappointed me. TTT, unlike FotR, is no adaptation, I would call that a version.

Still, some of the possible modifications really interested me:

-One of my favourite sequences ( in the book ) is when the two little ones drink the Ent's Water at Treebeard's house. What PJ did to the Ents was a shame. It seemed to the general audience that they had no role at all except in the end of the movie during Isengard's offense. I've even read a movie review in which the author stated that the Entmoot was the perfect occasion to buy popcorn or go to the bathroom.

The Ents need more characterization. I hope to see more scenes with the Ents, just like the one I've mentioned.

-Éomer and the rohirrim were by no means the fate of victory during the battle at Helm's Deep! The Huorns are the ones who deserve the entire glory! And hopefully, there are going to be a couple of sequences of them stepping on the orcs...
Except in pure mathematics, nothing is known for certain (although much is certainly false).

Carl Sagan, "The Demon Haunted World"

Messages In This Thread
The Two Towers (extended DVD) content news - by SteinHerz - 06-20-2003, 02:12 AM