Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop?
Quote:The Progressive movement had more to do with that, IMO, than the industrial revolution, though neither operated in isolation. See also the coincident moves that bore fruit as Prohibition and Women's Suffrage. Fruit from the same tree, and informed significantly by the evangelical Protestant strain that had been growing in influence from the mid 19th century onwards. (John Wesley Hardin was more my cup of tea than John Wesley, as far as whiskey is concerned. If only the latter had opined that . . .

"Tradition, experience and reason, are subject always to scripture, because only there is the Word of God revealed so far as it is necessary for our libation." He missed a golden opportunity, as I see it.)

Freaking panty bunched load of tea totallers, all things considered, interfering with the hard working, hard drinking citizen's way of life. Disclaimer: I of course like my beer, my scotch, and my wine as the occasion allows. I'd like to let the doper smoke his spleef on his back porch if he'd like. Just don't drive stoned, as we shouldn't drive drunk -- if our dear doper friend can remember where the keys are in the first place? :lol:

Occhi
Here's yer fire & brimstone -- Sermon 52: The Heinous Sin of Drunkenness. Read this when you're in the proper mood, out loud, in your best George Whitefield voice. ;)

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop? - by Taem - 08-11-2008, 04:35 AM
Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop? - by Taem - 08-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop? - by Zenda - 08-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop? - by --Pete - 08-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop? - by Taem - 08-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop? - by Taem - 08-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop? - by kandrathe - 08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Cheaper to buy the Afghan Opium Crop? - by Taem - 08-13-2008, 05:38 PM