Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion
Quote:I've been lurking around this site for a long long time. Generally every time a thought about Diablo enters my mind, I pop over here to see how things are going. Granted I know Bolty started playing WoW, and there is the Lurker guild and such, but I'm really surprised that on day 3 of the big Blizzard tease this year, there is not a single thread about it on LL.

What's going on? I count on you guys to give me interesting things to read and ponder on in the Blizzard universe, especially as it relates to Diablo.
It's too early to tell based on the few hints and rumors. But, my speculation is that they've begun planning and hiring for a "Next-Gen MMO" for a Diablo 3 universe. One of their job posting for their "Top Secret" project requires knowledge of game physics/collision programming and familiarity with Havok, Ageia, and O.D.E. physics packages. The type of engine being implemented in Starcraft II.

The basis of my speculation is that Diablo is the franchise that has not been fed recently, and rather than see it starve and die they had best nurture it. The Warcraft franchise has had an inordinate amount of attention and success, Starcraft itself was wildly successful, and now finally SCII is nearly released (probably Nov/Dec 2008). So, my bet is that it's time to get all the Diablo fanboi's salivating for the new steaming pile of mayhem.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion - by Quark - 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion - by Tal - 06-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion - by Quark - 06-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion - by kandrathe - 06-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion - by RTM - 06-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion - by Lissa - 06-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion - by Bolty - 06-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Surprised at no Splash Page Discussion - by Quark - 06-28-2008, 05:40 PM