Questions about my home network
Quote:Thanks for the comments and inputs! Thinking about it, it is natural that the hard disc would be accessible directly from the outside (internet). I would have thought there would be some setting (default or not) on it, or on the router to not allow such connections though unless one specifically opens it up. Will se what I find.

I tried out Steves site and tested my computer and it turned out I got "perfect" results. Basically my computer did hardly even exist:)

As for settings of folders in Windows, yes, my wish was for a setting for a particular folder and all its sub folders but no other.

Seems no one has any idea about why the settings changes for folders over time (typically restarting the computer).

This leads to a follow up question, WERE does Windows store such settings as the layout of a folder (or even the desktop) and how to show its content? I frequently end up having my laptop at work completely rearrange my icons when I have had it away and come back and connect to the intranet and it syncs. All icons end up scrambled on the left instead of carefully arranged around the boarders. The support have said there is no way to synch such settings or to save and/or restore it manually for myself either. I have yet to figure out even were such information is stored. Anyone knows?
They would be stored somewhere in the registry. I press "Shift" when I make the change in view style and it sticks for that folder. I default all folders to list form, but for photos I like to see thumbnails.

This also might help. link
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Questions about my home network - by Jarulf - 05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Questions about my home network - by Taem - 05-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Questions about my home network - by Pantalaimon - 05-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Questions about my home network - by Taem - 05-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Questions about my home network - by kandrathe - 05-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Questions about my home network - by --Pete - 05-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Questions about my home network - by LochnarITB - 05-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Questions about my home network - by Jarulf - 06-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Questions about my home network - by kandrathe - 06-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Questions about my home network - by Jarulf - 06-03-2008, 06:29 AM