Questions about my home network
Quote:[...] can one access such a network from the internet? One can of course get access through physical Ethernet ports on the router and wireless (within a radius of the house) but can one through the internet connect to a router and get into the network?

*Raises Hand In Class* "I know the answer to this one!"
Yes, because your HD is connected to your router which is connected to the internet.

Quote:3. Windows folders forgetting its settings
Totally unrelated. I have set up Windows to remember the settings for appearance of each folder separately, however, it seems Windows will often forget these and change them. For most folders I like to have the "detailed list" set but suddenly a folder can have it changed to instead show the content as icons.

For some folders, the control panel and a folder on the desktop with shortcuts to games, I prefer to have the icons instead, almost every time I restart my computer they are changed to detailed lists instead.

Finally, is there some easy way to change the view setting for a folder and ALL subfolders (but not other folders on the computer) simultaneously? Sometimes when you copy around stuff, download things and so on you might end up with a whole bunch of folders each one set for example as showing icons. How to easily change those (and no others) to have detailed view instead? Now I have to manually do it for each and every folder. And if I am unlucky, when I copy them to another hard disc they might all change again. It is SO annoying.

Yes. Go to My Computer. Set your view settings. Go to TOOLS/FOLDER OPTIONS/VIEW. Check off however you want your folder settings then click APPLY TO ALL FOLDERS. Simple at that.

EDIT - I assume your using XP? If not, windows 2000 and ME shoud be similar however I have never used Vista!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Questions about my home network - by Jarulf - 05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Questions about my home network - by Taem - 05-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Questions about my home network - by Pantalaimon - 05-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Questions about my home network - by Taem - 05-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Questions about my home network - by kandrathe - 05-31-2008, 09:06 AM
Questions about my home network - by --Pete - 05-31-2008, 06:41 PM
Questions about my home network - by LochnarITB - 05-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Questions about my home network - by Jarulf - 06-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Questions about my home network - by kandrathe - 06-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Questions about my home network - by Jarulf - 06-03-2008, 06:29 AM