Is Obama hurting the Democratic Party by not joining forces with Hilla
Quote:Which words? The words you have yet to provide?
A) He calls for the destruction of the white enemy where?

B ) Nice try.

-Jester
If the point of the discussion is to show who is the more obtuse, then I agree, you've won.

To explain very clearly so that you don't miss the connections... In my last post I cited James Cone, one of Jeremiah Wrights mentors, and an inspiration for his theology.

"Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community … Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal."-- James Cone

I've made the specific reference bold above. Rev. Wright cites Hopkins, Cone, Farrakhan and other even more controversial radicals in his works. I would grant you that the primary theme of Rev. Wright is black oppression, and not as much on the solution which are more clearly expounded upon within the philosophy of Liberation Theology.

Here is some Rev. Wright sermon text for you to mull over, and sugar coat to your taste.
Quote:The Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., pastor of Mr. Obama’s Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, gave the sermon at the school’s Andrew Rankin Memorial Chapel in Washington on Jan. 15, 2006.

”We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college,” he began. “Racism is alive and well. Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run. No black man will ever be considered for president, no matter how hard you run Jesse [Jackson] and no black woman can ever be considered for anything outside what she can give with her body.”

Mr. Wright thundered on: “America is still the No. 1 killer in the world. . . . We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns, and the training of professional killers . . . We bombed Cambodia, Iraq and Nicaragua, killing women and children while trying to get public opinion turned against Castro and Ghadhafi . . . We put [Nelson] Mandela in prison and supported apartheid the whole 27 years he was there. We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.”

His voice rising, Mr. Wright said, “We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic. . . . We care nothing about human life if the end justifies the means. . . .”

Concluding, Mr. Wright said: “We started the AIDS virus . . . We are only able to maintain our level of living by making sure that Third World people live in grinding poverty. . . .”
I don't believe you will be objective and see the connections, and I doubt you have a reflective bone in your body. I'm wasting my time on you. Radicalism can lead to extremism and it is hard to prove when an angry riot is inspired by fiery orators who fill their thoughts with the anti-American, anti-White thoughts. To me, there is no difference between the racists who chain a black man to be dragged to death behind a truck, and the Klansman who taught them that it was the right thing to do. And, by the way, I don't condone it in the words of Pat Robertson or the late Jerry Falwell either.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Is Obama hurting the Democratic Party by not joining forces with Hilla - by kandrathe - 03-26-2008, 01:49 PM