Is Obama hurting the Democratic Party by not joining forces with Hilla
Quote:This doesn't change your point that Clinton is going to lose because the superdelegates won't pull some crazy stunt and swing to her. But the candidates not having radically different electability? I think Obama has a massive edge there.

-Jester

Perhaps I set my bar for radical differences too high, as I do agree with you that in the Real World, a Clinton McCain contest would go McCain, while an Obama-McCain race would make me bet on Obama. However, let me explore a different point of view, that of the Democratic partisan, i.e. the one who attends the convention and makes the call. That person may see not the negatives of Ms. C, but a warm fuzzy reminder of the Good Old Days of Yore (Gore?).

Heck, that viewpoint may spill over into the general electorate due to discontent with the current Administration. With the short memories fashionable nowadays, perhaps Hillary does not have so much of a hill to climb.

Also, I may be leaning over backwards to be fair, as I absolutely detest the Clintons and would prefer they just go away.:)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla

Messages In This Thread
Is Obama hurting the Democratic Party by not joining forces with Hilla - by Bun-Bun - 03-17-2008, 10:55 PM