Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods...
To those out of touch with semi-recent gaming news, old friend and behemoth within non-linear first person stealth em ups, Deus Ex, will see its third installment of this legendary series sometime next year.

Announced a year and a half ago, Deus Ex 3 is being developed by Eidos (No Warren Spector though)

[Image: 811667-de31_super.jpg]
So far, we only get a teaser trailer , and some screenies, but information has been leaked that this will be a prequel to the original.

Some fans of the first game were mostly shocked and disappointed by the simplified game mechanics of the sequel DE: Invisible War. The game was compromised to suit both console and computer audiences alike. The mixed control schemes and mechanics did not go over well with parts of the expansive fanbase of the original.

Will history repeat itself? Will Deus Ex III suffer the curse of multiplatforming? Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 has shown us that multiplatform games *can* be good on all formats.

According to games website GiantBomb.com:

Quote:What we know

* Deus Ex 3 is a prequel set in 2027.
* The main character is named Adam Jensen and works for a biotech company that is raided by a government black ops group.
* The game will have a "Call of Duty"-style auto-healing mechanic instead of the hitpoints system used in the previous games.
* Newly revealed augmentations include the ability to punch through walls and octopus-style tentacles that allow you to jump off buildings. The tentacles grab to the walls to stop you from falling.
* "The art direction is a beautiful meld of the renaissance and cyberpunk" - ComputerandVideogames.com article.
* The story will begin in Shanghai.
* Combat won't be influenced by stats.
* Weapons will be upgradeable and customizable.
* Stealth will rely on a cover system rather than using shadows.

Autoheal, lack of roleplaying mechanics (stats) and an overused cover-system are my personal areas of potential criticism for the game. I'll reservice final judgment of course, untill I see the finished product.

Any thoughts, fellow lurkers? Will DE3 be what DE: IW should have been, or will the monolithic disappointment that was Invisible war be eclipsed in terms of craptasticness by this third instalment?

Edit: Ooo! Almost forgot. The reason for the thread: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...Hero-World-Tour (Fast forward to 4.32 and lasts about a minute) Hilarious!:)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by [wcip]Angel - 01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 08-25-2011, 05:17 PM
RE: Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bun-Bun - 01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Lissa - 01-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Sacrificing Deus Ex to the gods... - by Bolty - 01-15-2009, 01:49 PM