Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl
Quote:Starting a new tangent, does anybody have anything good to say about this game? loving it :)
Oh dear God yes!

After reading this post, you might want to check out the reviews over at Gametrailers (click) and Gamespot (click). Both websites praise the game for its engrossing storyline, vivid and detailed atmosphere, fantastic graphics and great gameplay.

Although Bioshock isn't quite the sandbox FPSRPG Deus Ex was, it still avoids linearity by allowing the player to roam freely in the great underwater city of Rapture. Speaking of the setting, the city of Rapture *feels* like a genuine city. Also, it's easy to lose oneself and let oneself be swept away by the very decent acting, writing and pacing of the story. It's just so damn good!

Not only is the game a great deal of fun with some degree of replayability (exploring aread you missed the first time around, playing around with different character 'buids', choosing between the 'good' and 'evil' sides), it is ultimately also quite touching. It really didn't strike me until that very final word narrated by one of the game's characters (literally the last word, (on the good ending mind you)), but I was actually moved by this game. It's easy to miss it while you're running around killing people with machine guns or setting them on fire with techno-magic ("plasmids"), but the choices you make have an impact on the outcome of the game, and if you choose the good option, you really *do* get a sense of closure and warmth. Few games manage to pull this off. The suspension of disbelief is required, and in Bioshock, the graphics, plot, atmosphere, acting and writing compose a vivid and rich tapestry in which it is easy to lose oneself.

Game of the year? (07 that is) Maybe... I haven't finished Crysis yet.

Also, check out Zero Punctuation's review: (the funny...).
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl - by [wcip]Angel - 01-15-2008, 10:28 PM