Greek Life
Quote:Ha, going by GaTech standards, I am not surprised to see a Psi U on the LL. At Tech Psi U is one of the only houses thought of as "nerdier" (for lack of a better word) than my house. Although, I might have my Greek alphabet on backwards because I think it's co-ed. Is that done on a by-chapter basis?

There are some chapters of Psi U that are co-ed, which I think would be very interesting if that particular chapter had a house.

And we aren't exactly the "nerdy" ones on campus (that usually goes to Triangle...) but we aren't the biggest or most popular house on campus. Our nationals, and we, by association, are personally fans of smaller houses maxing at about 40-50 members (the largest chapter of Psi U sits at about 65 members). All in all, its an experience - we're actually starting to build up from a pretty rough time (we were down to about 15 actives in the mid to late 90s) and rebuilding our reputation on campus with all the sororities.

We're probably best known as being the gentlemen... We're very traditional. Formal meetings, formal dinners on Sundays. We also have some rules that many might see at archaic. We are not allowed to curse or kiss on the first floor of our house. Additionally, we stand whenever a girl walks through the front door. Drives us nuts, sometimes, but we maintain our rules because we are so traditional.

In any case, I agree with the whole idea that Greek life is very much dependent on the house that is joined - on some campuses it is much rowdier than others. And some houses are much rowdier than other houses. Personally, we live on the corner of a residential neighborhood, and we typically have pretty good relations with our neighbors. I just hope that we can keep that up and spread the love. There are some great things that fraternities and sororities do. Last year, the Greek Community here raised about $175,000 during Greek Week for cancer research in addition to each individual house's philanthropy events.

Just gotta keep working at that reputation, thing, right?

Messages In This Thread
Greek Life - by Baylan - 12-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Greek Life - by Maitre - 12-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Greek Life - by Griselda - 12-29-2007, 04:47 AM
Greek Life - by ima_nerd - 12-31-2007, 05:13 AM
Greek Life - by eppie - 01-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Greek Life - by TheDragoon - 01-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Greek Life - by Baylan - 01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Greek Life - by LemmingofGlory - 01-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Greek Life - by kandrathe - 01-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Greek Life - by Vandiablo - 01-07-2008, 05:28 AM
Greek Life - by Vandiablo - 01-07-2008, 05:50 AM