Leap Attack Malfunction
Quote:While playing my concentration/warcries/maul barbarian John_Henry, my leap attack skill stopped working entirely.

The circumstances: (1.10 final, single-player) My equipment settings are (on main) two-handed maul, concentration on left, leap attack on right (on alternate) a pair of one-handed sounding (+2 warcries) weapons with various warcries on right-click. Normally in combat I switch to the +warcries setup, hit enemies with Battle Cry, then switch to the big hammer and concentrate them, staying on walk and using leap-attack rather than run to move rapidly when necessary... But in a nightmare false tomb a boss pack of stun-knockback enemies (those big guys that tip backwards when you hit them, can't remember the name) and apparitions surrounded me and I couldn't leap away... after some fighting and losing my merc, i managed to break away alive, but my leap attack still didn't work--i simply pointed in the direction of the right-click and nothing happened, similar to clicking on an unreachable area of the map. No sound, no mana cost. Switching leap-attack to left button, changing acts, changing equipment, going to town, dying and respawning, etc, didn't do anything--I had to completely exit D2 and restart it before my leap-attack would work again. attempting to leap-attack in town got me "not in town" as usual. The button was not red-shaded like when I had insufficent mana.

This has never happened before to me; has it happened to anyone else with Leap Attack or other skills? Is there a way to fix it without losing your game in progress?

-- frink
yep this has happened with my barb many times its amazingly annoying because my barb centers on leap attack so im screwed when it happens
it doesnt matter what you are equipped
i think that it happens when you can surrounded, but i know for a fact that if a vertical jump attack occurs, you can no longer use your leap attack unless you quick the game

Messages In This Thread
Leap Attack Malfunction - by Professor Frink - 02-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by DarkCrown - 02-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by Obi2Kenobi - 02-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by ryan4nayr - 02-24-2004, 04:38 AM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by Kartoffelsalat - 02-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by Lady Vashj - 03-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by ynkesfan2003 - 03-24-2004, 04:32 AM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by Lady Vashj - 03-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by NuurAbSaal - 03-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by Smoketest - 12-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Leap Attack Malfunction - by harmanbargar - 11-27-2007, 04:49 AM