The Canadian Press v. Sean Taylor
http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...wxu1thIhgnPNr4g

Sean Taylor was shot early this morning. Who dun it? Nobody knows yet. Why, nobody knows. However, thanks to the above article we all now know that Mr. Taylor probably deserved it, or at least that is what the author wants you to think.

Why did The Canadian Press find it important that Sean Taylor's entire criminal record should be brought up in an article breaking news about his possible murder? If Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer was shot and killed do you think The Canadian Press would report his arrest record, or would they praise him for his wonderful career as a football player with the NFL? If Senator Ted Kennedy was shot on the way to capitol hill, would The Canadian Press feel a need to taint the news with his awful Chappaquiddick accident? I doubt it. For some reason though, Sean Taylor's breaking news is not held to the same standard.

Over half of the article was in reference to Mr. Taylor's criminal record. His criminal record is in no way important at this time. If he was John Gotti I could understand it. It's disgusting that during his time of crisis, whether self inflicted or not(no one knows yet), that The Canadian Press jumps on the chance to bash him, creating an image of a man who probably put himself in the situation. They treated the article as if it was a report on a criminal rather than a football player in his time of need. I hope Sean survives, and his family gets all the support they need.

PS: I'm don't watch a lot of football, nor am i a Redskins fan(yet). I just couldn't believe how twisted this article was.

Messages In This Thread
The Canadian Press v. Sean Taylor - by GhastMaster - 11-26-2007, 07:04 PM
The Canadian Press v. Sean Taylor - by Mithrandir - 11-29-2007, 11:01 AM
The Canadian Press v. Sean Taylor - by Quark - 11-29-2007, 12:54 PM
The Canadian Press v. Sean Taylor - by bigal - 01-22-2008, 04:22 PM