Rock Band
Quote:As much as Rock Band is a great idea, I think it suffers from PS3 syndrome.

Think about it this way: what is the price point? Are there multiple bundles?

The debacle over the bundling of the game is even more impressive than you think, my dear friend.:)Apparently, the $170 (not $200)-package will only include 1 guitar, drum kit, microphone and the actual game. Something missing? No extra guitar for bass (!), which means you'll have to buy 2 complete Rock Band-rigs in order to play kit/vocals/guitar/bass-quartets. This horrendous packaging is compounded moreso by the fact that they're not selling individual instruments at launch. This is so unfathomable, that it *has* to be solved by launch. Obviously, they can't expect people to buy 2 Rock Band packages in order to play the game with 4 players? It's too insane...

Although they've already announced that they won't be selling individual instruments until 2008, I have faith that they'll fix the only bundle they have.

Quote: How many people really want to try and sing? Or play bass?
I play in a brass band in my spare time, and as a result I have many friends who are quite musical, both with instruments and their voice. I haven't actually thought about the fact that 'regular' people might not be so inclined to sing infront of their friends while sober...

Quote: The track selection is also (from my understanding) not nearly as large as GH3.
-Baylan

The track selection on both games will be fluid, as gamers will be allowed to download complete albums or individual songs from their console's respective online service. Wikipedia has a comprehensive list of the announced songlists for the two games and although GH3's list is almost twice as long as Rock Band's, I sincerely doubt there'll be a shortage of songs on any of the games. Obviously, making four tracks for bass, guitar, vocals and drums is a lot more time consuming than making parts for just two of them. As a result, the final tracklist for Gh3 might be bigger than that of Rock Band, but I don't think either game will have any shortage on rock tunes.

Also, PS3 and PS2-versions of Rock Band have wireless peripherals. It's only the X360-version that has wires.

Being a huge GH-fan, I'm extremely excited about both games. Being a drummer though, I can't wait to get my hands on Rock Band and play with my friends.

edit:

hmmmm...
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
Rock Band - by [wcip]Angel - 10-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Rock Band - by Baylan - 10-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Rock Band - by Mithrandir - 10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Rock Band - by [wcip]Angel - 10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Rock Band - by Baylan - 10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Rock Band - by Mithrandir - 11-05-2007, 04:51 AM
Rock Band - by Mithrandir - 01-07-2008, 09:40 AM