Trying to play with my son online
Quote:Hi,
This is a perennial topic and the last time it was addressed was (I think) here. The solution to your problems *may* be in that thread. Good luck and let us know what worked (or not).

--Pete

Thanks Pete. Most of what [vl]Kp stated went completely over my head so I think I'll abandon the b.net idea. Here's my current problem with Kali however as posted on The Dark:

Quote:
Zenda Wrote:[P]Hello MEAT,[/P]
[P]If you can play games locally, over your own IPX LAN, you propably only need a single KALI account for all the systems at your place. Once the KALI host has created a game, it will automatically appear on the multiplayer session list in the game for all other systems within the same LAN.[/P]
[P]High latency messages from BNet are usually caused by slow connections. It may be your firewall setting that is causing this.[/P]
[P]Zenda
[/P]

At first, we could both get on Kali with the same Kali account, however whenever my son tried joining my game, it gave me the port error. This is when I changed my port#, but then it gave me a NAT error and kept dropping one of us. So I bought another Kali account for my son's computer and set him up on a separate network... So, are you saying if I found a way to get rid of that NAT error, we (my son, his friend, and myself) could all be playing over my network with one Kali account? I'll have to look into this more.

Regarding B.net, on my computer I completely shut off my firewall, but my sons my have Windows Firewall up; do you think that might be an issue? I'll try disabling his Windows Firewall when he gets home from school and see if that works.

Do you think this Kali issue is the same issue as with b.net with running two versions of Diablo through with the same router? After reading everything vpkp stated, I still don't understand why my son and I can't play together on b.net anyhow! We're not even on the same network anymore... I shut off both of our firewalls, so why the latency? Grrr...
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Trying to play with my son online - by Taem - 10-04-2007, 03:57 AM
Trying to play with my son online - by Taem - 10-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Trying to play with my son online - by --Pete - 10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Trying to play with my son online - by Taem - 10-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Trying to play with my son online - by [vL]Kp - 10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Trying to play with my son online - by Taem - 10-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Trying to play with my son online - by Taem - 10-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Trying to play with my son online - by [vL]Kp - 10-07-2007, 06:10 AM