First Date Ideas
Quote:Ok, I'll offer a suggestion. When my wife and I were first thrown together by Shoju and his wife (at the time girlfriend), we had our first date by going and playing mini golf (or putt putt or whatever it's called where you are) and went to a decent sit down dinner. Bear in mind that we are really blue collar so sit down for us was a trip to Applebee's. Regardless, the whole event gave us a chance to get to know each other.
Mini golf would be fine, as would bowling, or other no sweating activities.

But, kayaking? Sure, it's not as death defying as sky diving, but it's sure going to be mortifying at some point. Go to a batting cage? I don't know. It seems a like a guy buddy activity. Yoga class? Just the opposite, especially if the guy shows up in tights.

Create a scrapbook? "Hi, this is Fred, you remember we met at Joe's party. I was wondering if you'd like to come over tomorrow and do some scrap booking?"

Read Shakespeare? I'd suggest "The Taming of the Shrew" as an ice breaker.

BAPTISTA: Gentlemen, importune me no farther, For how I firmly am resolved you know; That is, not bestow my youngest daughter Before I have a husband for the elder: If either of you both love Katharina, Because I know you well and love you well, Leave shall you have to court her at your pleasure.
GREMIO: [Aside] To cart her rather: she's too rough for me. There, There, Hortensio, will you any wife?
KATHARINA: I pray you, sir, is it your will To make a stale of me amongst these mates?
HORTENSIO: Mates, maid! how mean you that? no mates for you, Unless you were of gentler, milder mould.
KATHARINA: I'faith, sir, you shall never need to fear: I wis it is not half way to her heart; But if it were, doubt not her care should be To comb your noddle with a three-legg'd stool And paint your face and use you like a fool.
HORTENSIA: From all such devils, good Lord deliver us!
GREMIO: And me too, good Lord!
TRANIO: Hush, master! here's some good pastime toward: That wench is stark mad or wonderful froward.
LUCENTIO: But in the other's silence do I see Maid's mild behavior and sobriety. Peace, Tranio!
TRANIO: Well said, master; mum! and gaze your fill.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
First Date Ideas - by the Langolier - 11-20-2008, 05:03 AM
First Date Ideas - by LennyLen - 11-20-2008, 05:57 AM
First Date Ideas - by kandrathe - 11-20-2008, 06:17 AM
First Date Ideas - by roguebanshee - 11-20-2008, 08:12 AM
First Date Ideas - by Xiuhcoatl - 11-20-2008, 12:40 PM
First Date Ideas - by gojukaine - 11-20-2008, 12:49 PM
First Date Ideas - by kandrathe - 11-20-2008, 04:17 PM
First Date Ideas - by --Pete - 11-20-2008, 07:08 PM
First Date Ideas - by shoju - 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM
First Date Ideas - by Xiuhcoatl - 11-20-2008, 09:21 PM