Lurker Below woes
Quote:To clarify a bit:

And just to add to it. On the kill we only had 3 on my island. Mage, lock and hunter and we were killing the add the MT was tanking on the inner ring. We had plenty of time to kill one of the island adds.

As mentioned since the melee adds are the most dangerous by far (and the ranged adds hit harder in melee than they do with range) just stay away from the island ones and kill them they will stay at range and from what I've seen they hit harder in melee, they may not do as much total damage if you have someone in melee but it's way more focused and much more dangerous that way. Fear is also a great CC on the islands. At least on the one with the hole in it the ranged mobs don't move they just stand there feared and dying. A warlock could probably kill them both while Lurker was up just by DoTing and fearing them at times though this will cost you DPS on Lurker.

The only time I see someone on the island die is when they fight the adds in melee range too.

Another issue I've seen on some of our past attempts, especially when we have a lot of ranged is folks on the islands standing too close together. Spread out so you don't fling each other around if he targets you.

Island adds are easy to trap since after you see them come on the island once you know right where to have the trap to freeze them as soon as they are valid targets.

MD to the tanks is very nice to make sure aggro isn't pulled and the add goes nuts.

But 3 people can easily kill one of the melee adds and at least one island add before Lurker comes back up and fear is a valid CC if you don't have mages or hunters, use psychic scream or warlock fears to keep them from doing damage while you kill the melee adds.

I figure it's best to kill the melee mobs because while keeping them sheeped is perfectly valid mana has never been an issue on this fight as best as I can tell and you have nothing much else to do. Get rid of the most dangerous element just in case something goes wrong.

Of course we have great tanks in our warrior, druid, and paladin corps. Our DPS warriors with a shield on can tank one down just fine (if we use a DPS warrior that add dies first and if you only have one hunter they should be misdirecting to that warrior to make sure threat isn't an issue and to ease the extra healing burden). And since we nearly always have a feral druid, prot warrior, and prot/holy paladin on every run we have plenty of tanking for just 3 mobs.

Finally keep in mind that as mentioned you can stun the adds (and scatter shot them, etc). Do so. If you have a lot of rogues then stun lock them as you kill them. Warriors, druids and paladins have taunt, hunters can misdirect to help with the potential aggro issues this can cause. This helps with the healing mana usage that killing extra's can cause.

Of course one pull we had enough CC to keep all the island adds perma sheeped. We actually were sheeping inner ring adds for a bit on those and then the mage could sheep the trap or fear that was on the island.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Lurker Below woes - by ima_nerd - 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Lurker Below woes - by vor_lord - 09-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Lurker Below woes - by Klaus - 09-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Lurker Below woes - by Skandranon - 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Lurker Below woes - by Kevin - 09-12-2007, 09:30 PM
Lurker Below woes - by ima_nerd - 09-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Lurker Below woes - by ima_nerd - 09-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Lurker Below woes - by Bolty - 09-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Lurker Below woes - by ima_nerd - 09-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Lurker Below woes - by Tal - 09-17-2007, 04:32 PM