Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl
Quote:Stay tuned for this exciting episode of, "Why can't consumers use their brains and support the better of the two technologies?"
Simply because, at this stage, 90% of consumers aren't clear on which is the better of the two technologies. Heck, it seems that this time both sides of the argument are relying on pure obfuscation and chicanery.

HD-DVD has the largest storage capacity and better layer reading than Blu-Ray, that's hardly a factor to the average Joe Schmoe on the street. Hell, people today still don't know the storage capacity of a regular DVD. Or even a CD. Go on, try it: Get a clipboard and do some "market research" for as long as the authorities don't Rodney you. The CD just celebrated its 15th birthday, and I bet a huge number of the folks that still buy and use them don't know or in fact don't care how many megagigabytepixels it can store.

Aside from to the technologically competent, the grass on both sides of the fence of the debate is the same shade of green. Both camps have been remarkably cagey about putting the merits of their particular product in layman's terms that would appeal to the average consumer aside from the whole "whoo, hi-def" reason. Until they do, then neither side will gain a significant advantage over the truly superior technology, the humble DVD.

And don't get my started on what a huge crock the entire hi-def movement is.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl - by NiteFox - 08-30-2007, 09:53 PM