Tank gearing for progression.
I made this post on the official forums to see what the gear "requirements" are for progressing into BT/Mt.H from SSC/TK as our luck in tank drops from Kara hasn't been all that spectacular and if that continues I was curious if we would end up "stuck". Well here's the answers I received:

Quote: In learning SSC (and Vashj/Kael) you will find that you need the best possible tanking gear you can get.

By the time you kill Vashj and Kael you will have all the T5 level tanking loots you need for Hyjal and BT.
Quote: Lady Vashj and Kael are the gear checks for both instances, all the bosses prior to them are pretty easy to do when everyone does their jobs right.
Quote:Lurker hits like a wet noodle. A really wet noodle. Do yourselves a favor and skip morogrim, kill karathress first. Morogrim is the only thing in SSC and TK that will give you trouble on a tanking front except maybe vashj/Kael. VR Al'ar and Solarian are also doable with that gear as MT. Don't listen to those guys :| Also, it might seem "unfair" But you really should be getting priority with your gear the way it is from t5 tokens. As well as offslots, one thing to note, morogrim is a healer skill check, vashj is just how much stamina you can stack, 490 defense then pure stamina for vashj. All of her burst damage is autoshot and shock, her melee is weak.
Quote:you will want to acquire a fair bit of t5 gear before you can hope to progress into Hyjal/BT.

Those are snippets, and I don't agree with some of the assessments (like tank gear priority? Please, been there, done that, it's not wise) but does that line up with everyone's experiences? What those people actually seemed to be saying is: If your guild can kill Vashj/Kael, the MT's gear is fine not that you're going to want 4/5 Destroyer on your tank(s) before stepping foot into BT/Mt.H?

Cheers,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.

Messages In This Thread
Tank gearing for progression. - by Frag - 08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by Skandranon - 08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by TheDragoon - 08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by Kevin - 08-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by Jester - 08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by Concillian - 08-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by TheDragoon - 08-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by Concillian - 08-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by vor_lord - 08-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by Tal - 08-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Tank gearing for progression. - by Frag - 08-24-2007, 07:18 PM