Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl
Quote:Going with HD is them trying to gain control over the console market.

I think this is the core of our disagreement. You think people pick consoles based on what HD format they support. If that is the case, then backing HD-DVD will help them dominate that space, "bury Sony", etc.

I don't think that's a significant factor. I think folks get consoles to play games. The content of those games is the determining factor. I can't imagine someone picking an XBox over a PS3 because the PS3 won't play "300". I can imagine picking an XBox to play Halo.

To support my point, http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070...pabilities.html

If they want to eat Sony's lunch, forcing them to use Microsoft technology and services to distribute their movies would be a nice way to do it. So much better than winning the format war and watching all that money go to Toshiba, no? So, the Paramount deal could be taken as a swipe at Sony, but I don't think it has much effect on the console war.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl - by Bun-Bun - 08-23-2007, 03:13 PM