Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl
Quote:that's what it sounds like to me. and in that case, $250 is waayyyyy overpriced. you can get upconverting dvd players with hdmi for around $100.

I also think that the cheapest stand-alone HDdvd player out at the moment is around $350. if the guy at frys was telling you that HDdvd can only output 480p he was blatantly lying to you.

As for the xbox 360 HD dvd add-on, it can work on a PC but I believe it requires the use of "unofficial drivers". I haven't looked into trying mine on my PC. Why bother when i've got 50 inches of 1080p goodness?

edit: many edits today: Paramount announces exclusive deal with HD-dvd First titles to arrive will be Blades of Glory. Transformers, and Shrek the Third.

Transformers could push a lot of HD-dvd player sales.

Humm, I find that very interesting. Would they intentionally lie to me for better sales? Not only does that seem unethical, but illegal :angry:! Perhaps it was the upconvert thing you were referring too, although I have no idea what that is. To be honest, I haven't seen any HD-DVD's available, but have seen a ton of blue-ray DVD's for sale.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl - by Taem - 08-21-2007, 08:10 AM