Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl
Quote:This is a little off-topic, but still related to video games and i thought it may be something that lurkers may be interested in.

For anyone who does have an xbox 360 you probably know that the HDdvd add-on has recently dropped price to 179.99. This in itself is a pretty decent deal. But it's also bolstered by the fact that the drive comes packaged with the Universal xbox remote control (MSRP 19.99) and the movie King Kong (normal price 24.99-29.99).

King Kong never really pushed me to pick up the HD drive but until the end of September there is an offer of 5 free HDdvds which you can choose from a List.

This really started to peak my interest and Best Buy, this week, pushed me over the edge. BB has a deal this week where if you purchase the HDdvd drive add-on you will also get the 300 HDdvd for free.

Total deal:

HDdvd drive
Universal Remote
King Kong
+5 HDdvd of your choice from the above list

(My personal choices for the 5 i think will be Blazing Saddles, Sky Captain, Chronicles of Riddick, and Casablanca. I'm a little bit torn between We Were Soldiers and U-571 right now. I think i may be leaning a little bit towards We Were Soldiers though.)

Any way if you happen to have the 360 and have interest in getting into the HD dvds this week is probably the best possible deal you can get.

Bleh... Blue-ray is where it's at! 1080i all the way baby! I was at Fry's Electronics two days ago and asked then why their HD DVD was only $250 and they told me because it was only 480p/i and didn't do 1080i. The cheapest blue-ray was $500+ :(. I'm waiting until after xmas, but won't bother with the HD-DVD. If microsoft put that digital compression on the blue-ray, imagine how much data you could cram onto a blue-ray; greedy SOB's! I'll never support HD-DVD!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Upcoming games that makes me glad I'm a species born with opposabl - by Taem - 08-20-2007, 04:11 AM